A warehouse mezzanine is an ideal, economical solution for freeing up floor space while providing expanded storage capacity by clearing vertical spans up to 40 feet and load capacities up to 1,000 pounds per square foot. Eliminate the expense of moving to a new facility or leasing additional space by adding a free standing mezzanine – move UP, not out! Whether your needs are 100 or 25,000 square feet of vertical space, Bluff Manufacturing can build a steel mezzanine custom-designed for your facility and production requirements, and in compliance with OSHA and International Building Code Standards (IBCS).
Like all Bluff Manufacturing’s products, the use of industrial mezzanines facilitate an increase of operational efficiency, space utilization and safety. These state-of-the-art free standing warehouse platforms can be used in many applications:
- In-plant offices, observation platforms and personnel breakrooms
- Open areas for processing, assembly or storage
- Conveyor support structures
- Multi-level shelving units up to four levels high
- Multi-level carousel picking systems
- Multi-level carton flow systems
Cost Efficiency Through Value Engineering
Whether your expanding space requirements include the need for raised office venue, material/record storage, stockrooms, assembly and distribution systems, warehouse platforms or conveyor support systems, our steel mezzanine structures are designed and built to actively respond to those unique demands in your existing facility. From standard space provision to extreme point loading or excessively wide clearance requirements, our flexibility in design allows targeted optimization of your space with value engineering.
- Non-welded bolt connections and flexibility of design allow for future modifications, relocation and/or expansion and potential reconfiguration
- Equipment and machinery mounting options available; multi-tiered integration of existing structures
- Maximization of vertical clearance for exceptional under-mezzanine space utilization
- High quality design and standardization of components keep installation costs down
- Built to last and backed with a lifetime structural warranty
Superior Design Options to Suit Your Needs
Our work is performed with the highest level of professionalism and constant attention to safety and structural integrity. Our designers will select the most efficient combination of hot-rolled structural steel (ASTM-A36 and ASTM-A50), high strength cold formed sections, structural tubes (ASTM-A500), and steel bar joists in order to provide a warehouse mezzanine that is safe and cost-effective. We use a variety of standardized shapes and sizes of materials which minimizes the need for custom fabrication. All components are assembled by certified welders. The entire production process is done in Bluff Manufacturing’s Fort Worth, Texas, headquarters and each warehouse mezzanine is shipped directly to the customer via approved contract haulers. Our bolted construction and detailed instructions makes assembly simple and fast; in addition, each free standing mezzanine is designed to be dismantled and reassembled in a different location or configuration.
Your local distributor will survey your needs and help determine the correct size and optimal combination of structural and formed components needed.
Mezzanine Decking Options:
- Type 100 Deck Package
Our most economical deck. Unpainted 1 1/8” tongue and groove plywood specifically designed for flooring applications. This versatile deck can be configured to handle loads up to 200 lbs. per square foot.
- Type 200 Deck Package
Ideal for rolling loads. 20 gauge metal; 1 ½” type B-deck is used as a sub-floor. The bottom of this deck is painted white to maximize lighting. The finished floor is ¾” tongue and groove unfinished resin board. Other options include LD or MD finished resin board.
- Type 300 Deck Package
Heavy-duty steel bar grating (sized per application requirements) maximizes air circulation and often used to adhere to local fire code requirements. Painted shop coat black.
- Type 400 Deck Package
Ideal for extra heavy loads and abusive working conditions. Uses the same 20 gauge B-deck sub-floor as Type 200 package. Finished floor is 11 gauge steel diamond floor plate.
- Type 500 Deck Package
C-form sub deck with pour angle for concrete preparation (concrete supplied by others).
Special Mezzanine Options:
Options include, but are not limited to:
- Slide or swing gates
- Drop plates
- Stairways and landings
- Ships ladders and caged ladders
- Conveyor support
- Vertical conveyor crossovers
To access your free standing mezzanine, we also design and fabricate metal stairways and landing systems that meet or exceed regulations specified by OSHA, IBC, BOCA or other agencies specific to the user’s location. We use only “mill first” quality steel, all designs are approved by experienced engineers, and welding is done by certified welders.
- Metal stairways are fabricated as a bolted design (KD) with an option of a welded unit
- 11” stair treads are of 3/16” diamond plate with closed risers
- Stringers are to be a minimum of 8” channel per ASTM-A50
- 1 1/2" square—tube handrails are bolted on to the stairway
- 42” high guardrails and 36” high handrails comply with OSHA regulations
To order a warehouse mezzanine, metal stairway, or multi-level carton flow system, contact Cindy Holybee at cindyh@BluffManufacturing.com, by phone at 817-546-8590 or fax order to 817-546-8559.
|Model Number||Product Name|